Wednesday 22 January 2014

Bicycle Cards

These four cards are inspired by the Abstract Cards made by Ellen Vargo, who is this week's Guest Designer on the Paperartsy blog.


I pretty much followed the same steps. I coloured a sheet of A4 paper with a brayer and several Fresco's. Yes, there is some pink in it, Orchid! The other colours are Haystack, Beach Hut, South Pacific and London Night. On top of this, I applied Pewter, a Fresco Finish Metallic acrylic paint. This is the first time I used Pewter, and I really like the metallic effect!


Then I cut the paper into 4 pieces, and continued with stamping and creating more layers. I started with the cogs from Clocks 5 in Haystack. I applied Grunge Paste through a Mini Harlequin stencil and coloured it with Treasure Gold. To finish the background I stamped the ruler from Clocks 5 and the numbers from HP1108.

I stamped the motorcycle (HPXT05) and bicycles (stamp company unknown) on a piece of white paper, cut it, inked the borders with Little Black Dress, and glued them on the cards.


One of the cards in detail.


7 comments:

massofhair said...

Fabtastic cards Mark, like how you have stamped the focal points onto white card they really pop:-)

Anonymous said...

They're terrific, I love the white harlequin pattern.

ellen vargo designs said...

Nice collection! Love the diamond pattern and that "pop" of red! Thanks for joining in!

Trish said...

Fab cards! I love your colours and the stamps are great too.

PaperArtsy said...

Brigantine. The pewter worked out great mark!

Anonymous said...

Great images & background Mark!

ionabunny said...

These are gorgeous. Love the blues and the pewter. Perfect backgrounds for these bikes